Thursday, February 7, 2008

Skins



I've only watched Skins once and I find it crazy the influence it's had on the music scene in the last year. I don't know whether it's good or not, it didn't seem to be, but the success of
THE GOSSIP and now FOALS seem to lie on their shoulder

Foals are so much more than "the band from Skins" (as are The Gossip, with two previous albums on Kill Rock Stars) - but I'm not sure that many people realise that. Their new album leaked this week, and I've snagged a few songs. I've also found some MP3's by Yannis & Jack's old band THE EDMUND FITZGERALD, who I knew pretty well


The new Foals stuff, sounds really good, actually like a down-tempo, ambient Ed Fitz. However, I'm really not sure how the NME / Skins masses will react to it, once they get past lead single Cassius, and the lack of the Skins song (Hummer). And that's what I worry about.



Anyway, Skins inspired me to write this post, because after The Gossip, Foals, and a brief flirtation with Radiohead - the new advert now features  an instrumental version of the very excellent '23' by BLONDE REDHEAD - which makes me look up every time it comes on


LINK TO MP3---> Blonde Redhead - Misery Is A Butterfly (from 'Misery Is A Butterfly' LP - 2004)


I changed the layout to the post below by the way. And I'm experimenting with small text on this post. Who knows what will happen next???

Soundtrack to this post: These New Puritans / Blonde Redhead

No comments: