Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Fine Wines


Just a post about 3 bands I hadn't heard 4 days ago, that I really really like...

OUR BROTHER THE NATIVE
Possibly quite late on this... apparently they released a debut album on FatCat in 2006, but the tunes are just captivating. It's actually too ambient to be postrock, too much subdued electronica. A fantastic mix




SONGS: OHIA
I don't really know anything about this, other than it's Jason Molina and he's collaborated with everyone (read: Billy 'Prince' Billy, Magnolia Electric Co. and more). Lots of streamable tracks at Last.FM



HAMMER NO MORE THE FINGERS
North Carolina residents make good time, playful indie, with a sort of cross between Wilco / Sunny Day thing to my eyes. You know it's the kind of thing that fits in with a few things but is hard to place. And I'm still not sure where I heard them from! Listen on Last.FM


Soundtrack to this post: all the above

No comments: