Tuesday, November 18, 2008

The Week That Was



Man, what a week (yep, not about the
Field Music spinoff). Full on busy, but I've done a lot of fun stuff

Thursday night, Mi Mye played the Buen Chico album launch at the Brudenell Social Club, and fun was had - it's the first time I've played with Mi Mye for a while and the gig was good. It's good times in Mi Mye, as we've got a single and video done and are hoping to release it in February

Friday night, me and Nathan from the Brudenell put on a gig in aid of Children In Need. The catalyst of the gig was getting ace American band OH NO!! OH MY!! to come and play. We were also blessed with ace bands Dinosaur Pile-Up and Just Handshakes (We're British). Everyone got into the spirit, and we had lots of fun with a great bake sale, raffle and a highly amusing game of Musical Chairs

Saturday & Sunday I had my fledging attempt at the other side of the mixing desk, producing some songs for The ABC Club. I tell people I kind of manage the ABC Club and I don't know why, because I DO manage them, but I can't help feel a tit talking of bands in those terms. Anyway, said recording went really well, and it's a work in progress for the minute.

Finally, my blowout at the end of the week was an awesome gig at, surprisingly, the Brudenell Social Club. These Arms Are Snakes / Russian Circles (pictured above) double bill, and it was better than I hoped it would be. As much of a fan I am of both bands, I thought I might loose interest (a me thing), they were both awesome. 

The gig had added significance as I hung out with a few of the Snakes in Seattle last year, and Russian Circles made their album directly after Forward Russia's Life Processes with Matt Bayles (who also runs Red Room Studios with Chris of TAAS). So had a funny chat with Chris and an even funnier chat with Mike Circles about the nuances of recording with Matt. Good times


FOOTBALL UPDATE - Lokomotiv lost 2-1 last night, following a very dissapointing game. We went 1-0 up, then conceded 2 scrappy goals in a game we again dominated. Me & Fogal had the cream of the chances and we were all annoyed to loose. We've got a depleted squad for the next month now as iLiKETRAiNS swan around Europe but I'm hoping we can call on a few other talented individuals


So, I've tried something new here - I don't know how informative this post is, it's more of a dear diary post. But it's been a busy week...


Finally a tip for a 2 similar bands I got introduced to earlier this year, who are starting to pick up a bit of hype and I want to stamp my mark:

FRIENDSHIP - MYSPACE


Soundtrack to this post: t'radio

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you failed to mention that Ali Valium is a massive cheat at musical chairs