Thursday, March 6, 2008

Remixing London Town



No, Kano hasn't asked me to remix him. I've just been busy - first remixing and getting involved (which was a lot of fun) and then I've been in London.


I've been remixing a track by PIN ME DOWN, Russel from Bloc Party's new 'thing' - it's a neat swap for me because he's remixing the new Forward Russia single. I had loads of fun, but it's got me mildly obsessed with all things Ed Banger, Modular, French House, DFA and so on. I want to bust a groove and go out DJing some of that stuff, but I don't think people will be interested



London was fun, though the mainstream music industry definately seems a bit fucked. No one's talking about signing bands, and it doesn't seem like many people are going to SXSW. Sucks to be EMI

I enjoyed catching up with friends though, as music wasn't the purpose of my visit. If it was I would have failed miserably by missing all these bands I had the opportunity to see:
Eureka Machines, Jimmy Eat World, The Kills, Martha Wainright, Oh No!! Oh My!! (actually really regret that), Yeasayer and probably some more...


Soundtrack to this post: Justice / MSTRKRFT Remixes... what else

No comments: