Friday, February 12, 2010

Samuel & The Dragon


I'm really struggling to find time to right something coherent on this here blog, so here is a quick missive that addresses 2 points I'm trying to find to write something inteligent about.

#1 is some great bands for 2010

#2 is about how sick I'm getting of derivative bands, bands that seem to exist as a sound before substance

Samuel & The Dragon intrigue me greatly. In one respect they're stylization should be off putting, but musically, it seems brave and dark. Well, that's how "Diamonds On A Boat" sounds as that is the only song I've managed to hear. The moment of silence half way through gives me goosebumps every time I hear it.




They're supposed to be playing A Nation Of Shopkeepers tomorrow night (Sat 13th Feb), I look forward to seeing what else they've got



Soundtrack to this post: Massive Attack, Lawrence Arabia

No comments: