Friday, December 11, 2009

Tracks Of 2009

Hello, and welcome to the first of a few posts where I tread the well travelled 'best of' path. To follow are my favourite albums of the year, my favourite albums of the decade - and then the compulsory 'tips' for 2010 - hopefully. These are all subjective of course, one man's gravy is another man's porridge and all that.

I wasn't gonna write some bunf about each song, but I wrote that were the same "great song, had it in my head all year" - so I'll just leave you to listen

Without further ado, here are my Top 10 tracks of 2010:


1. Phoenix - 1901




2. Dirty Projectors - Stillness Is The Move




4. Grammatics - Double Negative




5. Florence & The Machine - You Got The Love (XX Remix)




6. Grizzly Bear - Two Weeks



7. Three Trapped Tigers - 6




8. Sometree - Conundrum





9. Wild Beasts - The Fun Powder Plot





10. Sunset Rubdown - Idiot Heart





Close but no cigar: Editors - Bricks & Mortar / The XX - Crystalised / The Antlers - Two / School Of Seven Bells - Iamundernodisguise / The Maccabees - No Kind Words

And, finally, looking at my ever interesting Last.FM stats, my actual most listened to tracks released in 2009, are the following:

1. Local Natives - World News
2. Phoenix - 1901
3. Grammatics - Murderer
4. Animal Collective - My Girls
5. School Of Seven Bells - Iamundernodisguise
6. Passion Pit - Better Things
7. The XX - Crystalised
8. Dirty Projectors - Stillness Is The Move
9. The Horrors - Sea Within A Sea
10. Swan Lake - Spanish Gold, 2044

See more here


Soundtrack to this post: Shearwater, Karen O & The Kids, Japandriods

No comments: